Life sometimes leads us to pass through experiences that deeply transform or distort us, which induces a metamorphosis or a break in our relationship with ourselves, other people & the world at large.
These situations are reputed to be initiatory : there’s a BEFORE & an AFTER, as they modify or shatter the continuity of our life, our self-perception & our perception of the others.
Some initiations transform us in a positive way, because they are full of joy, love & harmony, and as a result, strengthen our self-esteem & self confidence as well as our trust in others & in life ; in other words, they make us grow.
However, some other initiations deform us, insofar as they are full of misery, grief & anger ; as a consequence, they separate us from our inner core & disconnect us from any real closeness with other people.
How can we learn to live again when we have lost love, trust & hope ?
How can we accept the unacceptable, how can we learn to tolerate the memory of the intolerable ?
How can we rebuild ourselves on the ruins of what has been soiled, desecrated or destroyed ?
It’s the aim of Trauma management : handling, transmuting & even transcending the chaos of our deep-seated pain, so as to rise from our ashes, to be born anew & to transmit this testimony of light to others …
>> A trauma can indifferently :
- Happen at any age, from childhood to old age
- Have an unusual or regular character
- Happen in the private life or in public context
- Include one participant or several
- Be connected with close relations or strangers
- Concern us as a direct actor or as a simple witness
>> But in any case, a trauma is a tragedy which includes the following chracteristics :
- Unexpected, out of the blue
- Feeling of exacerbated helplessness
- Utter solitude, or at least no ally or protector flying to our assistance at the time
- No confidant with whom to share the violence of our experience afterwards
>> Traumas may be :
- Serious or fatal accident
- Prolonged illness
- Suicide or attempted suicide
- Murder or attempted murder
- Detention or incarceration
- Confinement in a psychiatric hospital or dementia
- Abortion, abortion for medical reasons, spontaneous abortion, stillborn child or baby death
- Adopted, abandoned or clandestine child
- Prolonged isolation, repetitive abandonment or complete disparition
- Exile or unwanted relocation
- Extreme poverty, ruin or dispossession of inheritance
- Physical threat or aggression
- Sexual abuse
- Conflictual separation or divorce
- Unfair firing
- Psychological & emotional harassment (manipulation, humiliation, disqualification)
° ° ° ° °
>> Potential expressions of post-traumatic stress disorder are :
- Chronic fatigue
- Panic attack
- Permanent anxiety
- Heightened susceptibility, irritability or hysteria
- Hyperactivity, physical & mental restlessness
- Asocial tendency
- Emotional dependence
- Self-destructive & destructive patterns / identity dissociation
- Attention & concentration disturbances
- Amnesia, acute memory loss, hazy remembrance
- Ambivalence or extreme uncertainty
- Depersonalization, decorporation (feeling confused, disconnected, empty, drifting apart)
- Obsessions, fixed ideas, nightmare scenarios
- Tics or quirks
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Eating disorders (anorexia or bulimia)
- Sexual blockages or major sexual perversions
- Addictions (work, sex, sport, money, gambling, soft/hard drugs, alcohol)
- Risk-taking behaviours (extreme sports, car speed, physical & sexual provocation)
- Professional, geographical or affective instability
- Chronic somatizations (allergies, eczema, headaches, back pain, sciatica, cysts, constipation, diarrhea, flatulence, cystitis, mycosis, haemorrhoids, etc), orphan or autoimmune diseases (multiple sclerosis, cancer, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, etc)
Unlike the traditional practice of psychologists & psychotherapists, Brief Therapy focusing on Trauma Management helps you to understand & to solve your current sorrows by correlating them with your past traumas in a very interactive & dynamic way.
This in-depth analysis of your traumas, with the negative mental reflexes, emotional beliefs & behavioural conditionings they have imprinted in you, gets you to realize how obliquely but deeply they have been poisoning your impressions, feelings, thoughts & urges, and how secretly they have been infiltrating your reactions, decisions & actions …
This joint exploration of the interconnection of your present & past wounds allows you to distance yourself & to detach from them, to regain control of your life by getting rid of the almost hypnotic grip these traumas have been exerting on you …
In a nutshell, Trauma Management gives you the precious opportunity to deprogram the dark spells which keep preventing you from improving your life & your relationships, and therefore from unfolding your well-being.
It is fear, guilt, shame & self-condemnation which paralyse you & keep you both ignorant & powerless, living in obscurity, thus preventing you from, first of all, finding the path towards the truth about yourself & your entourage, then taking the road to liberation.
But if disaster exists, so does the salutary cure ; every poison has its antidote, every bomb can be defused, every locked door has its key, left in the shadow of ourselves …
Ce site traite des aspects connexes suivants : psychologue, psychothérapeute, sexologue, psychothérapie, thérapie de couple, hypnose, thérapie comportementale, thérapie brève, coach personnel, coach professionnel, coaching personnel, coaching professionnel, pays de Gex, Ferney-Voltaire, Divonne les Bains, Elsa Prohom, Saint Genis Pouilly, Genève, Gland.